PRINTING & STATIONERY DEPARTMENT
Printing and Statinery Department of mizoram Government executes all printing jobs, and a service department entrusted with the task of supplying stationery materials to other Government offices all over the State needed for their day today functioning. of various Departments of the Government of Mizoram. The department functions under the Controller of Printing and Stationery with his head quarters at Aizawl.
1. The Citizen Charter:-
1) To offer a one stop solution to all Government Departments for all their printing needs, and to assist private printing presses approvec by Governemnt of Mizoram.
2) To provide complete information to client Departments about the methods, rules, regulations applicable when printing jobs and requisitions are forwarded to us for printing.
3) To render time bound service and meet deadlines. The norms in this regard will be displayed on the website i.e minimum delivery time and response time –in the most professional manner
4) To display working hours and office working hours of the Printing and Stationery Department.
5) To display norms for calculation of cost of printing and procedure to raise bills and receive payments for our services, for the benefit of our Client Departments.
6) To provide information regarding procedure for approval of paper quality and list of available paper and sample paper in the Printing and Stationery Department itself without asking client Department.
7) To provide our client/user Departments a complaints/grievance redressal cell along with Name and telephone number of officer, in the Printing and Stationery Department specially designated for the purpose.
8) To notify any change or added facilities to all our clients Departments.
4. Details of business transacted by the Deparment
1) The Printing and Stationery Department is primarily responsible for executing printing jobs of all Departments of Govt. of mizoram along with printing of publications of various Departments and also printing of forms. Stocking and distribution of various stationery items and forms for Departments, as per their requirements are other important functions of this Directorate. Having professional in the Organization, this Directorate also renders advice from time to time to various State Governments and Central Government on technical matters relating to printing and allied matters in printing technology as well. It has under its administrative control Govt. Presses in other Districts of the State.
2) The Directorate mainly deals with the printing of various items of Departments. Inspite of heavy constraints and specific demands of Departments for printing of publications etc. by Desk Top Publishing, Offset printing with colours, best efforts are made to accommodate requests of various Departments to achieve desired quality in production. Some of the voluminous items as mentioned below are printed under tight time schedule every year:-
i) Weekly and Extra-Ordinary Gazettes of Govt. of Mizoram.
ii) Publications connected with Government of Mizoram.
iii) Printing works relating to Republic Day, Independence Day and Other Official Ceremonies.
iv) Overnight printing of all the seasonal jobs of State Assembly for circulation amongst the Members of State legislative Assembly during Session.
v) Periodicals, Reports, Journals of different Departments.
vi) Annual Reports, Performance Budget and Demand for Grants of all the Departments of the Govt. of Mizoram
vii) Programme of VIPs of inside and outside the State.
viii) Reports of the various Commission of Inquiries.
5. Details of Clients
All Departments of Govt. of Mizoram.
6. Expectations from the Departments.
Government expects timely completion of job by the Govt. Press under the Directorate of Printing and Stationeries. Manager officer work in the Directorate of Printing who keep liaison with each Press and assign the jobs to the concerned press keeping in view the urgency, Workload of each press and other relevant factors. Each job is assigned a job number and sent to the concerned sections and does the printing job accordingly.
All the Departments are expected to give C.D/Camera ready, copy of the material to be printed at least 45 days in advance so that the job may be accomplished in time. In case of urgency also, the job is completed but it is expected that at least 15 working days should be given to the Govt. of India Press
7. Public Grievances Redressal Mechanism
The Public Grievances of employees of Printing and Staionery Department received direct or through the P.G.Cell of the Govt. of Mizoram generally pertain to their service matters.
For redressal of public grievances of employees of the presses , there is a complaint box in the office premises. This is properly maintiained by a dealing assistant.
8. Matter Pertaining to the RTI in the Directorate of Printing
In the Printing and Staionery Department the Asst. Managers and Asst. Controllers are APIO for the RTI matter in respect of the subject matter being handled by them. The Deputy Controller is the CPIO and the Secretary is the Appellate Authority. In the Government Presses, the Manager of the Presses is the CPIO, who gives information to the applicants. The next superior authority dealing with the subject matter is the Appellate Authority.